5 reasons why dark furniture in the office is so popular
Metalicon steel pedestals are now available in black, by popular demand. Scandinavian-style Apple-white isnt always the best choice for your office or commercial space. So here are 5 reasons why darker colours have a place in the office:
- Psychologically, darker colours and black indicate authority, power and control.
- Darker colours can be seen as sophisticated, dignified and serious.
- They offer a great contrast to lighter colours and make them ‘pop’, darker colours provide rigidity and form to an open space.
- Its formal and durable. Things like dirt, dust, stains and scuffs are unavoidable in the workspace. In a busy office environment there are bound to be accidents and general wear and tear. Darker, neutral colours help to mask this and will help keep a space looking clean and fresh. Ever wondered why hotel carpets are always dark?
- A lot of things in your office are probably black already! Power cables, monitors, your mouse, your chair? Accent this with darker furniture objects for fluidity and avoid making a feature out of those pesky cables.
Visit metalicon.com to see our full range of office furniture and find out more.